Saturday, May 10, 2014

Easy Moist Chocolate Cake

Greetings All!

Now it is time for me to publish couple of recipes from archive.  Today I am sharing the recipe of a Cake made for Mr G for his b'day. I am a big fan of b'days, anniversaries, valentine's day and many such 'days' after all life is for celebration and why should one miss any such chances right ? :)

So here is the story of Mr G's b'day. I wanted to give him a good surprise and was yearning to hear some compliments from him :)) It was sadly a working day , so started sourcing for some easy recipes on internet. Made a cake quickly during lunch break ( I was working from home then!) and continued my work. When he reached home also, I continued my work and then went on to cater to my little toddler's needs and other chores ;) However, this tiny moist cake with chocolate sauce dripping all over did invite Mr G's attention with its beautiful aroma! So there goes another surprise from wifey to him and we all relished that cake .
































Ingredients
  1. All purpose flour/ maida – 1 and 1/4 cup
  2. Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
  3. Sugar – 1  cup
  4. Baking powder – 1 tsp
  5. Baking Soda – 1 tsp
  6. Eggs – 2
  7. Oil – 1/3 cup
  8. Salt – 3/4 tsp
  9. Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
  10. Milk – 3/4 cup
Chocolate sauce and straw berries for garnishing.

How to Make?

1. Sift together the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 
2. Now add in the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract.  Beat them well until the batter is well-combined.
3. Grease a pan with butter and dust with flour. 
4. Pre-heat oven for 10 Minutes.
5. Pour cake batter evenly on the pan.
6. Bake for 25 Minutes.


 Enjoy with a chocolate sauce :)

No comments: