Saturday, September 28, 2013

Vanilla Pound Cake

So here is a recipe which I wanted to post for so long. I was browsing through various sources for cooking inspiration and chanced upon this wonderful cake. I had eaten it many times before and the visualization of this cake rising slowly , spreading the aromas in my house started haunting me. However, being a busy working mother I could not spare some time for this cake. Days after days, nights after nights the thoughts of this cake simply kept simmering in my mind. It was then I decided that if opportunities does it come and knock your door, go create the opportunity. So one fine afternoon, I walked past all the other things in my life, my work, laundry, hungry husband, mobile, face book, laptop and marched to the kitchen for a time with my Vanilla pound cake. Miss 'I' happily played away and didn't bother to disturb her mom.

Recipe is easy and taste is guaranteed . It is simple yet delicious and a perfect company for a tea.

Ingredients

  1. All purpose flour-1 and 1\2 cups
  2. Baking soda-1\4 tsp
  3. Salt-1\4 tsp
  4. Butter-3\4 cup
  5. Eggs-2
  6. Sugar-1 cup
  7. Vanilla extract-1 and 1\2 tsp
  8. Yogurt-1\2 cup
How to Make?

  1. Whisk all purpose flour, salt and baking soda and keep aside.
  2. Grease and flour a cake pan
  3. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C
  4. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add Vanilla extract.
  5. To this add eggs one by one.
  6. Now add flour part by part and fold well.
  7. Add yogurt in between and then rest of the flour and fold well.
  8. Bake for 30-35 min or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

Enjoy!

No comments: