Saturday, September 28, 2013

Marble Cake


Here is another recipe on cake and yeah I am still amused at my OTG's magic powers in baking cake while I am busy at my laptop or playing with my tiny tot :) I have been baking eggless cakes for sometime and they are usually moist cakes and not as fluffy as cakes with egg. My mom was visiting us and she demanded a fluffy cake. I had made her a coffee cake, apple upside down cake and all were eggless. So here is the recipe for Marble cake which made my Mom a happy person( I only know how picky she is when it comes to food).

To you Amma :)


Ingredients

  1. All Purpose Flour - 2 Cup
  2. Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
  3. Salt - a small pinch
  4. Butter - 1 Cup
  5. Sugar - 1 Cup
  6. Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
  7. Milk - 1/4 Cup
  8. Egg - 2 
  9. Cocoa Powder - 1 Tbsp


How to Make?

  1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
  2. Cream butter and sugar.
  3. To butter and sugar, add eggs one by one and then vanilla essence and combine well.
  4. Now to the wet mixture from above step add flour parts by parts and combine. Mix gently and also add milk in between.
  5. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
  6. Divide the mix into two. To one, add cocoa powder.
  7. Grease a cake pan and pour the mix without cocoa.
  8. Now, add the cocoa mix.
  9. With a knife, make zigzag marks in the cake mix.
  10. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted come out clean.

Enjoy with a hot cuppa :)


No comments: