Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tutti Frutti Cake

What will you do when you lose your voice temporarily ? Well, I got so depressed, because when I talk I don't get tired , I get more excited and energized :) However, my voice box decided not to work and it has been 3 days!!! Mr. G is happy as the noise level of our home has come down and Miss I is wondering , why her mom is unusually silent while bathing her.

So I decided to do a lot more activities at home and work, so that it can utilize the resting energy :) I was so craving for a tutti frutti cake and decided that, this is the right time to bake one. We didn't have enough time to purchase baking molds and I was wondering , whether to go for any alternate baking methods. That's when Mr G decided to surprise me with some cake molds and muffin cups :) It was really a surprise, I could never guess when he took longer time to get back from grocery purchase nor when he mentioned he is driving while a worried me called him. So here is for all of you , the tutti frutti cake recipe with lots of love and yes Mr G did help me in the making.

Ingredients

  1. All purpose flour - 2 Cups
  2. Powdered Sugar - 1 Cup
  3. Milk - 3/4 Cup
  4. Butter -2 Tbsp
  5. Baking Powder - 2 Tbsp
  6. Baking Soda - 1 Tbsp
  7. Eggs - 2
  8. Vanilla Essence - 3 tsp
  9. Tutti Frutti
  10. Sliced Cashew nuts


How to Make?

  1. Sieve the flour twice, and add baking powder and baking soda to it and keep aside.
  2. Add a tbsp of flour to tutti frutti and keep aside.
  3. Mix sugar with butter and it forms a crumbled form.
  4. Pre-heat Oven to 180 degree celcius.
  5. To the sugar butter mixture add eggs one by one and keep mixing. Then add vanilla essence and milk. Keep mixing till a smooth consistency is achieved. 
  6. Now, add the flour mixture to this and whisk till uniform consistency.
  7. Add in tutti frutti to this.
  8. Take a cake pan, place a parchment paper on it or you can  smear some butter and dust some flour on the pan.
  9. Pour in the cake mixture to 3/4 capacity. 
  10. Place chopped cashew nuts on top. Bake for 45 minutes!

Once out of the oven, let the cake cool down completely. Enjoy!

Note : You can use flax-seed powder instead of eggs. For 1 egg use 1 Tbsp flax-seed powder with 3 Tbsp water. Before adding strain this mixture. Try out this healthy option. I did :)



No comments: