Saturday, August 10, 2013

Simple Indian Cookies

It has been close to an year since I revamped this site. Today, after 50+ recipes I am not only feeling elated about this hobby , but also graduated towards next realm of cooking which is baking :) My thoughtful hubby has presented me with an OTG and here is the result of first trial :)

I really wanted to make a tutti frutti cake and had all the ingredients for it. However, I didn't have the mold and thought that I will wait for that. 


Ingredients
  1. All purpose flour - 1 Cup
  2. Sugar - 1/2 Cup - Powder this.
  3. Butter - 150 g - Melt it.
  4. Cardamom - Crushed - 1 tsp
  5. Chopped almonds for garnishing.

How to Make ?
  1. Mix all the ingredients from #1 till #4.
  2. Knead well and make small balls out of it. With the quantity mentioned above, I could make 12 .
  3. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. While this is being done, you can do the following tasks.
  4. Prepare baking tray, by placing a cookie sheet or aluminium foil. I used Al foil and smeared butter on it.
  5. Flatten the balls a bit and make criss-cross marks on it.
  6. Place chopped almonds on top of each.
  7. Place all the balls on the baking trayand toast for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Close to 20 minutes, the delicious aroma of butter and cardamom filled our home. Then came out my first batch of cookies. It was crunchy and tasty and would recommend this as a first trial for all new OTG owners :)

 



No comments: