Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chocolate Cake - No Butter , No Eggs

Dear All, yesterday was my wedding anniversary. This year is so special as little 'I' is with us and we are finally a family, rather than 2 bachelors staying together wed-locked :P  However, the fate is such that me and my darling hubby will be always separated during our anniversaries. From the very first wedding anniversary on wards, we are either in different cities, one travelling for work or some other situation. Once we were in 2 different continents also ! The trend is still the same, but looks like little 'I' has done some magic. My husband was on a business travel and was not with me during day, however was back home y'day around midnight and boy it was a sweet reunion :) (blush blush)

So here I am sharing the recipe of the cake that I baked for him , a total indulgence in chocolate :)

Ingredients


  1. Water -1 cup
  2. Oil - 1/2 cup
  3. Sugar - 1 cup
  4. Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
  5. White Vinegar - 1 tbsp
  6. All purpose flour - 1.2 Cup
  7. Baking Soda - 1 tsp
  8. Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
  9. Cocoa Powder - 3 Tbsp
  10. Salt - 1/2 tsp
  11. Choco Chips - 2 Tbsp


How to Make?

  1. Mix water, oil, sugar, vanilla essence and white vinegar. Mix till sugar is completely melted.
  2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Sieve this 2 times.
  3. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
  4. Add the flour slowly into the wet mix in step #1, whisk to one direction till all lumps are removed and a uniform consistency is achieved.
  5. Fold in choco chips.
  6. Grease the mold with butter  and pour in the mix. Bake for 10 minutes.

Source : Sharmis passion



Note: For decoration I used icing , choco chips , silver sugar balls and fancy vermicilli.

No comments: