Friday, April 19, 2013

Nellikka Juice - Gooseberry Juice

I have already declared my love for gooseberry in this blog. Well, it is not just mine, but my family's :) Hence this goes as my first entry into the beverages section. My Amma takes gooseberry juice to her office daily. She mixes it with turmeric and takes (yuck! I know) She wanted to consume gooseberry daily and that's how she did. Our maid was once instructed to prepare this and she wondered why would someone like my mom, who is earning well and a class 1 officer needs to drink this! My mom was so adamant to have this and advised her  also have it :D I too wanted my mom to have this considering the health benefits, however wanted to find a tastier option. That's when I found this cool recipe in Malayalam health magazine - Mathrubhumi  Arogya Maasika.

Ingredients

  1. Gooseberry - 4 ( Take out the flesh)
  2. Salt - 1 pinch
  3. Coriander Leaves- 1 or 2
  4. Curry Leaves- 4 or 5
  5. Green Chilly -1
How to Make?
  1. Grind all the ingredients together.
  2. Mix the above ingredients with water.
  3. Chill it and serve.
My Mom was super happy with this ! This suits well for sunny days and benefits your body from head to toe.


No comments: