Monday, April 15, 2013

Karal Meen Porichathu - Fried Pony Fish

Here is my next post.. too quick.. I know! I was thinking of posting a fish fry recipe here. It forms my daily lunch /dinner accompaniment and it will be a shame if I don't post one here. Today I didn't have any help in taking care Miss I and she was so tired posing for me, the previous day(Vishu). By evening, when my Mom was back from office I was so exhausted. She readily took little I from my lap and tried to put her to sleep (which took an hour by the way). I liked this change of roles and decided to prepare dinner. We had got three chunky pony fish from market for very dear price! As I had to make dinner quickly, thought of deep frying them.

Ingredients

1. Pony Fish -  3(Cleaned and Skin on and with gashes)
2. Red Chilly Powder - 3 Table spoons
3. Turmeric Powder- 1 tea spoon
4. Coriander Powder - 2 tea spoon
5. Salt - to taste
6. Oil

How to make ?

1. Make a paste of ingredients from #2 to #5,
2. Spread the paste evenly on the fish.
3. Leave it for 30 minutes.
4. Now deep fry them :)

It takes an expert to eat this fish, as there are a lot of fish bones. However, the distinct taste of this fish is to die for and makes a perfect combination with hot rice :)

for Frying

No comments: